Lesley Gilchrist, RM MHbA BSc (Hons) MSc (M) Midwife
Lesley’s lengthy list of qualifications is just the tip of the iceberg when compared with the number of year’s hands-on experience she has in bumps, births and babies.
Throughout most of her postgraduate education she specialised in the effects and treatment of birth trauma, anxiety and depression and lends this level of expertise and knowledge to her practise. This experience ensures that everything is in place to offer a positive and empowering pregnancy, birth and postnatal experience.
More About Lesley Gilchrist
She is a published author, with The Essential Birthing Book now in its second print run as The Bump, Birth & Baby Bible, a project that started as a plan to produce an information leaflet and turned into a labour of love in itself.
Offering a whole host of services for pregnant ladies and new mothers, Lesley’s company, Bespoke Birthing Midwifery Practice offers the complete package for pregnancy, birth and postnatal care
Her beautiful Scottish brogue belies her roots, but Lesley has lived and worked in Harrogate & Leeds since 2006 and is married with two children.
- Dip HE Nursing, Adult, Glasgow Caledonian University (2000)
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery Studies, Northumbria University (2003)
- Teaching & Assessing Students, Northumbria University (2005)
- Teaching Adult Learners, Northumbria University (2005)
- Practitioner in Newborn Examination, University of Huddersfield (2008)
- MSc in Clinical Research Methods, University of Leeds (2015)
- Pilates in Pregnancy, PFE Training
- Diploma in KG Hypnobirthing
- Registered Midwife, Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Registered with Independent Midwives U.K.
- Hypnobirthing Teacher, Registered with The Hypnobirthing Association
Helen Riley BSc (Hons) MAR, Pre-conception & Pregnancy Reflexology
Helen is a Holistic Therapist with sixteen years of experience. Helen qualified with the Central London School of Reflexology and her areas of work include Fertility, Pregnancy and Post Birth, Menopause and Stress Management.
More About Helen Riley
Helen is also a Reiki and Chakra Reflexes Therapy Practitioner. Helen has previously been an instructor of baby swimming in Harrogate and surrounding areas for seven years and is a volunteer Complementary Therapist with Saint Michael’s Hospice. Helen is currently studying towards a qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and has two children in Secondary School.